Re: photographing grave markers

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5 2:51 PM
      Thanks for the tips. I was on location about the time Larry's message
      arrived without the gloves trimming the grass and had a soft cloth to wipe
      away the damp earth. Same camera, mid-morning sun instead of dull overcast.
      All the lettering showed clearly and they looked like completely different
      markers.

      With enhancement in Paint Shop Pro, the retakes look like the lettering is
      indented and the background raised. The lettering is actually shiny black
      like the main part of the marker and the background of words is slightly
      indented/rough so it held a bit of mud from the rain and photographed as
      brown.

      Tiny Minolta digital camera can focus close and also has a zoom. Planning to
      try it for library work soon.
      Elizabeth