Re: CGPR

  • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
      I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

      Sincerely yours,

      Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
      B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
      Chairman and President

      GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
      977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
      Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
      Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
      E-Mail: services@...
      GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
      908-34th Street S.E.
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
      Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

      On Sun, 06 Oct 2002 09:28:13
      Judith Rempel wrote:
      >I thought I'd share with you folks, this interesting project to make
      >part of the 1901 census even more accessible - for Grey County, Ontario.
      >
      >A link to the work has been placed onto our Genealogical Projects
      >Registry (CGPR) - under "ONTARIO > CENSUS > 1901", but since so many
      >AFHSers have research interests in Ontario, I thought I'd share Gerald's
      >note with you all.
      >
      >cc to Don Fehr because he's working on a similar initiative for parts of
      >Manitoba.
      >

      >Do any of you know of other finding aids/indexes for 1901 or other
      >censuses that we don't have listed on the CGPR? Just let me know!
      >
      >> Gerald Dunnill wrote:
      >>
      >> Hello AFHS,
      >>
      >> As coordinator of the Grey County Ontario GenWeb, an index for the
      >> 1901 has been started. It is currently over 20,000 names. Visitors
      >> will need to view the scans at the Archives for the complete set of
      >> data, but at least in this first phase, people will be able to find
      >> out which page their ancestors are on. More columns and proofreading
      >> will be done next year, after having weighed in the trade-offs of
      >> accuracy vs. accessibility for the time being.
      >>
      >> So in reference to your set of questions:
      >> 1. it is new to the CGPR
      >> 2. Census 1901
      >> 3. Province - Ontario - all sub-districts (towns & townships) in Grey
      >> County
      >> 4. Status - underway
      >> 5. Sponsor -
      >> Gerald Dunnill, Grey County GenWeb, email :
      >> gerald.dunnill@...
      >> county web page at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ongrey/index.htm
      >> census page at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ongrey/1901census.htm
      >>
      >> If it is suitable, then a link would be appreciated.
      >>
      >> Many thanks for your time.
      >>
      >> Gerald Dunnill,
      >> coordinator, Grey & Wellington County GenWeb sites
      >> http://www.rootsweb.com/~ongrey/index.htm
      >> http://www.rootsweb.com/~onwellin/index.htm
      >
      >--
      >In Kinship,
      >Judith Rempel, Webster
      >rempel@...
      >JR Solutions
      >http://www.jrsolutions.net
      >
      >and
      >
      >afhs@...
      >Alberta Family Histories Society
      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >
      >Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/
      >
      >FamilyRoots 2002
      >http://www.family-roots.ca
      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >http://www.family-roots.ca

      Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
      Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com