Re: Release of Post-1901 Canadian Censuses - Our Legal Case

  • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
      I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

      Sincerely yours,

      Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
      B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
      Chairman and President

      GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
      977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
      Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
      Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
      E-Mail: services@...
      GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
      908-34th Street S.E.
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
      Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

      On Sun, 06 Oct 2002 16:54:24
      Rene Dussome wrote:
      >Hello Everyone:
      >
      >The undernoted message has just been received from Gordon Watts:
      >
      >> Some might wonder with the announcement on 3 October 2002, regarding the intention of government to bring down legislation dealing with public access to 92-year old Census records, if we will be continuing with our legal action.
      >
      >> The answer to the question is a quick, resounding YES!!
      >
      >> While the intention to bring down legislation has been announced, it remains to be seen if it meets our requirements and expectations. Senator Lorna Milne continues to work to see that it does, however our legal action is necessary to keep those drafting the legislation 'honest'.
      >
      >> What we seek is the SAME UNRESTRICTED ACCESS to Post 1901 Census records that we currently have for records up to 1901. NO STRINGS ATTACHED. We have tried at every opportunity to convey this to the powers that be.
      >
      >> Our legal action will continue!
      >
      >> Our Applicants' Records has been filed. The Respondents' Records are due on or before Oct. 19 or 20. As soon as Lois receives both Records from the opposition, she will requisition a hearing. It is then up to the Court as to when that hearing will be scheduled.
      >
      >Rene Dussome
      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >http://www.family-roots.ca

      Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
      Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com