Re: George Lake

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2005
      the original sender

      Hi Gordon and all:
      At 06:04 PM 21/10/2005, you wrote:

      >Please note that your reply will now only go to
      > the original sender
      >

      >Hi everyone,
      >
      >George Lake is in the Rocky View Hospital. He is in good shape but he had an
      >infected finger that turned really nasty on him so they are keeping him in
      >and are pumping him full of powerful antibiotics.

      Having pumped me sufficiently full of the 'right stuff' they let me
      out today, feeling well enough to make the TMG meeting Tue and
      Finance & Budget Thur.
      Thanks for the concerns.
      Geo

      George Lake
      1140 Kildonan Pl, SW
      Calgary Canada

      email: george@...
      Website: www.glake.ca

    • Clare Westbury
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009
        Hi Clare
        The service has been arranged for Mon Sept 21st at the Park Memorial
        Chapel, 5008 Elbow Dr SW at 1pm, could you please assit in
        communicating to the members.
        An obituary will be placed in the Calgary Herald Friday.
        Regards
        Dawn Lake
      • Lorna Laughton
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009

          AFHS and all family historians:

          Like everyone, I am very sad to hear about the death of George Lake on Tuesday September 15th.

          George was a very valued member of AFHS and a good friend to many of us.

          He was our President, wrote articles for the Chinook, was active with the Computer SIG, worked as the Treasurer, attended The Master Genealogist (software) SIG meetings, chaired the Brian W. Hutchison Scholarship Committee, chaired the Nominating Committee for several years, worked on the Finance and Budget Committee, and all sorts of other AFHS work. He will be particularly remembered for his work on the bylaws committee, strategic planning, and being the best ‘meeting-runner’ ever.

          George Lake will be greatly missed.

          According to the other messages, there will be a notice in the Friday edition of the Calgary Herald, and the service will be on Monday September 21 at the Park Memorial Chapel, 5008 Elbow Drive SW at 1:00 pm. I don’t know what the family’s wishes are, but I was thinking of donating to the AFHS Memorial fund in George’s memory.

          Lorna