1851 English Census

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2005
      the original sender

      Soon to be available

      Searching for Your Ancestors?
      The 1851 England and Wales Census Is Coming Soon.
      Ancestry.com is excited to bring you the 1851 Census covering England,
      Wales, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. You'll soon be able to access
      more than 17 million names indexed for easy online searching. This makes us
      the only place on the web where you can search all census records from
      England and Wales spanning 1851 to 1901.
      Here's some of what you can do with this upcoming collection:
      * Find ancestors by name. Discover the names of their parents,
      siblings and other relations who lived with them in 1851.

      * Get fast search results. Enter what you know about an ancestor and
      let our system search the more than 17 million names in the 1851 Census for
      you.

      * Grow your family tree with information about ancestors you never
      knew existed. Use clues from the census to find birth, marriage, and death
      records.

      * Share what you discover with your family and preserve your
      ancestors' stories over time.

      I will re-post once it is released on Ancestry

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • Lynda Kleingertner
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
        the original sender

        I feel silly asking this question, but what is the difference between ancestry.com and ancestry.co.uk?

        thanks
        Lynne Kleingertner

      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
          the original sender

          Ancestry.co.uk is slanted towards Europe and ancestry.com is slanted towards
          the US.

          If you do a search on the UK one it returns UK census records, the .com one
          returns US census records