George Lake

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005
      the original sender

      Hi everyone,

      George Lake is in the Rocky View Hospital. He is in good shape but he had an
      infected finger that turned really nasty on him so they are keeping him in
      and are pumping him full of powerful antibiotics.

      His wife is doing OK and is managing to get to visit him and I told her not
      to hesitate to call if she needed any help.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • George Lake
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2005
        the original sender

        Hi Gordon and all:
        At 06:04 PM 21/10/2005, you wrote:

        >Please note that your reply will now only go to
        > the original sender
        >

        >Hi everyone,
        >
        >George Lake is in the Rocky View Hospital. He is in good shape but he had an
        >infected finger that turned really nasty on him so they are keeping him in
        >and are pumping him full of powerful antibiotics.

        Having pumped me sufficiently full of the 'right stuff' they let me
        out today, feeling well enough to make the TMG meeting Tue and
        Finance & Budget Thur.
        Thanks for the concerns.
        Geo

        George Lake
        1140 Kildonan Pl, SW
        Calgary Canada

        email: george@...
        Website: www.glake.ca

      • Clare Westbury
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17 7:18 AM
          Hi Clare
          The service has been arranged for Mon Sept 21st at the Park Memorial
          Chapel, 5008 Elbow Dr SW at 1pm, could you please assit in
          communicating to the members.
          An obituary will be placed in the Calgary Herald Friday.
          Regards
          Dawn Lake
        • Lorna Laughton
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17 9:19 AM

            AFHS and all family historians:

            Like everyone, I am very sad to hear about the death of George Lake on Tuesday September 15th.

            George was a very valued member of AFHS and a good friend to many of us.

            He was our President, wrote articles for the Chinook, was active with the Computer SIG, worked as the Treasurer, attended The Master Genealogist (software) SIG meetings, chaired the Brian W. Hutchison Scholarship Committee, chaired the Nominating Committee for several years, worked on the Finance and Budget Committee, and all sorts of other AFHS work. He will be particularly remembered for his work on the bylaws committee, strategic planning, and being the best ‘meeting-runner’ ever.

            George Lake will be greatly missed.

            According to the other messages, there will be a notice in the Friday edition of the Calgary Herald, and the service will be on Monday September 21 at the Park Memorial Chapel, 5008 Elbow Drive SW at 1:00 pm. I don’t know what the family’s wishes are, but I was thinking of donating to the AFHS Memorial fund in George’s memory.

            Lorna