NORTH WEST MOUNTED POLICE and ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi Folks:

      In a meeting today with the management of our Fort Calgary it came to our attention that they occasionally receive enquiries from visitors searching for their Alberta roots. As you likely know, Fort Calgary commemorates the introduction of law and order to western Canada by the North West Mounted Police, the forerunners of today's RCMP.
      Visitors may know that their ancestors served in the NWMP or in  the early days of the RCMP and are looking for help at Fort Calgary.
      It would be of significant help to Fort Calgary staff if they could refer these visitors to someone with knowledge of the sources for records of these Canadian two institutions of law and order.

      If there is anyone out there who would be willing to help these enquirers would you kindly contact me privately and I will provide you with the names of those at Fort Calgary who are concerned.

      We never know how AFHS may benefit from this greater visibility in the community.

      Cheers

      BILL
      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL