FTM 2006 and 1911 census Calgary

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      the original sender

      Please reply by e-mail if you are interested in discussing these topics. I
      will not be able to attend AFHS, computer group or FTM user group meetings
      in 2005-2006. Thanks, Elizabeth Rodier

      Upgrade copies of Family Tree Maker 2006 shipped in August, received mine
      Aug 31 and will load the Charting Companion bonus program ($24.95 value.)
      Legacy 6 and RootsMagic 3 are scheduled for release September 8 at a
      conference in the USA.

      Guessed at names in 1911 census to make an index for 18 sub-districts of
      Calgary south of the Bow River using the AFHS template in Excel. 14
      sub-districts left in the older part of downtown, Bow River to 17th Avenue
      and still looking for some relatives and family friends. Some Calgary people
      moved into larger homes after June 1, 1911 official census date and it is
      helpful to check the city directory or another source for their 1910-11
      address.

      Excel files can be searched to find a family of interest and then transcribe
      a sub-district for the AFHS web site. Unfortunately, some parts of some
      pages are unclear or faint. I'm depending on familiar combinations of first
      names of family members if the surname is difficult to guess, and sometimes
      looking at birth information and religion. Lodgers usually stayed with
      people who had the same country of origin or religion or employment.