Re: photographing grave markers

  • Larry McCool
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
      Elizabeth
      While researching in Ontario some years ago part of my equipment was a
      garden trowel, old scissors ( to cut grass ), gloves and a 2" fairly soft
      paint brush. Items worked well. and were easily carried in a shopping bag in
      the trunk

      Larry

      Larry & Doreen McCool
      Calgary, AB Canada
      Our new address is
      mccoollh@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2002
        Thanks for the tips. I was on location about the time Larry's message
        arrived without the gloves trimming the grass and had a soft cloth to wipe
        away the damp earth. Same camera, mid-morning sun instead of dull overcast.
        All the lettering showed clearly and they looked like completely different
        markers.

        With enhancement in Paint Shop Pro, the retakes look like the lettering is
        indented and the background raised. The lettering is actually shiny black
        like the main part of the marker and the background of words is slightly
        indented/rough so it held a bit of mud from the rain and photographed as
        brown.

        Tiny Minolta digital camera can focus close and also has a zoom. Planning to
        try it for library work soon.