FW: Subject: Alberta Homestead index online

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      FYI - I received permission to post Pat's reply to my question about how the AGS version at http://abgensoc.ca/is differs from the Western Land Grants database.

      Hi Xenia,

      I forgot to tell you that :
      "The database also includes organizations extracted from the records. To search for these, include any of the following in the surname field: Cemetery, Churches, Company, Indian Band, Municipality, Police, Ranch, Reservation, and School District. "

       It is an awesome finding aid. As a researcher, you have a good idea how many hours it would take to read and index one microfilm reel - this project had 685 reels!

      Pat