RE: 1906 Census

  • Judith
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005

      See http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/alberta/21/ and scroll down to subdistrict #43 for the town.  There are links to the census image pages on the Library & Archives Canada website as well as a link to our transcribed version of those pages.

      If you use our search tool found on the AFHS homepage for the transcription work < http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/index.html> and do a search on Lacombe – you’ll find lots of hits – for the above page as well as anyone elsewhere in the prairies at that time who indicated they used Lacombe as their post office (or had Lacombe as their name).

      Judith Rempel

      rempel@...

      and

      1906@...

      1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

      Alberta Family Histories Society

      www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/