1906 Census

  • Peter and Yvonne Adams
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005
      Hi,

      Where would I go to find a transcript of the 1906 Census for Lacombe, Ab.

      Thanks

      *****************************
      Peter Adams
      Calgary, Ab
    • Judith
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005

        See http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/alberta/21/ and scroll down to subdistrict #43 for the town.  There are links to the census image pages on the Library & Archives Canada website as well as a link to our transcribed version of those pages.

        If you use our search tool found on the AFHS homepage for the transcription work < http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/index.html> and do a search on Lacombe – you’ll find lots of hits – for the above page as well as anyone elsewhere in the prairies at that time who indicated they used Lacombe as their post office (or had Lacombe as their name).

        Judith Rempel

        rempel@...

        and

        1906@...

        1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

        Alberta Family Histories Society

        www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/