SEARCH

  • John Tyers
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 8:50 AM
      Where would I go to find out my Father's service in  the C. E. F. in WW 1

      Tyersj@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5 9:34 AM
        The CEF (Canadian Expeditionary Force) database can be searched at the following:

        You will see a a link: Search the database

        Not all data may be entered as of yet but there are over 800,000 images. Once you find the person of interest, you can see the scanned papers online - click on the icon(s)  to see the actual papers. This is a free service from the National Archives.

        However, they mention that not all files nor the complete files are found online. To access files for persons not found or to order the complete files for those that are, see http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/0201060101_e.html#consult for instructions.

        à bientôt,

        Local genealogy book sales, professional research & writing: http://www.knowmap.com/age/
        Scrapbooking & preservation techniques