Re: PDF tool tip

  • Keith Maitland
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27 12:15 AM
      It works quite well for me and I have a free version of adobe which I
      downloaded from the net.
      I'm using Mozilla so maybe that makes the difference.

      Keith

      Judith wrote:

      >Hmm - perhaps it's only in the development version and not in the READER.
      >But it sure makes sense for the Reader to have it.
      >
      >See:
      >http://partners.adobe.com/public/asn/en/print_resource_center/AC7_PrintingGu
      >ide.pdf - page 17
      >
      >Sorry to raise hopes/options that aren't actually available. I should have
      >checked which aspect of Adobe PDF product I had open.
      >
      >Esp since the development software is pretty expensive - not a software for
      >the average home user.
      >

      >Judith Rempel
      >rempel@...

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Alastair Preston
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27 1:17 PM
        On Wednesday July 27 2005 01:15 am, you wrote:
        > It works quite well for me and I have a free version of adobe which I
        > downloaded from the net.
        > I'm using Mozilla so maybe that makes the difference.
        >
        > Keith

        I've looked at the help file on my copy of Adobe Reader 7, and there's no
        mention of either the loupe tool or the pan and zoom tool mentioned in the
        AC7_Printing guide mentioned by Judith, nor do either show up when I expand
        the zoom or zoom tools menus.

        I can't see what the browser has to do with it - I've tried looking at files
        on my hard disk with the reader by itself and at downloaded files with
        Netscape calling the reader.

        I suspect it may be only available in certain versions of Adobe Reader 7.

        Alastair