RE: 1911 Census site

  • Judith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2005

      I’m betting there will be unpredictable access for a while.  When the 1906 census was released it was up/down quite a bit for the first 3 or so weeks I think.

      If anyone finds it useful, I downloaded the following pdf files yesterday while it WAS up – and would be happy to forward particular ones (the full set take up 160 GB – far to much to pass along!) by e-mail attachment when I get back home tonight. Be sure to reply to me personally – not the whole list.

      Also, Gordon Lane , Lois Sparling and I have been talking about the AFHS support for a transcription project.  It’s been narrowed to Alberta and a draft spreadsheet template is underway.  More details from Gordon or me soon.  Our ability to get a website online with links to the image files as was done for the 1906 census is dependent on our access to the Archives website as well.

      PDF files available from Judii:

      ( Calgary ), Subdistrict #34/35 pp 1-58

      District #1 ( Calgary ), Subdistrict #54 pp 1-34

      District #1 ( Calgary ), Subdistrict #55 pp 1-22

      And

      District #4 ( Medicine Hat ),Subdistrict #56 pp 1-8

      Judith Rempel

      Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer

      rempel@...

      www.rempelfamily.ca

      and

      1906@...

      1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project, AFHS

      Alberta Family Histories Society

      www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906

      and

      Library & Archives Coordinator, MHSA