FW: Archive CD Books Canada NEWSLETTER Vol. 2, #3 - 19 July 2005

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19 7:41 PM
      the original sender

      FYI

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Malcolm at ACDB-Canada [mailto:malcolm@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:52 PM
      To: chairman@...
      Subject: Archive CD Books Canada NEWSLETTER Vol. 2, #3 - 19 July 2005

      Archive CD Books Canada NEWSLETTER V2#3 - 19 July 2005
      Contents:
      1 WELCOME
      2 WHAT’S IN THE NEWSLETTER
      3 NEW CANADIAN RELEASES (4)
      4 COMING SOON
      5 NEW RELEASES FROM OTHER PARTNERS
      Australian books (8)
      British Census (19)
      British Books ( 2)
      Irish Books (9)
      6 NEWS & GOSSIP
      7 FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY AND OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
      8 PREVIOUSLY RELEASED BOOKS

      1 WELCOME:
      Welcome to the Archive CD Books Canada newsletter. We hope those of you in
      Canada are enjoying this very hot summer and can spend a few cool minutes
      getting up-to-date with our news.

      This newsletter will be published whenever we have enough information to
      make it worth your while reading, but we expect that will mean there will be
      about one a month.

      Remember this Newsletter is published for you so if you think we’re missing
      something important drop me a line to Malcolm@....

      Newsletters work best when they get a good circulation. We’re doing our
      best to let people know about it but you could help us along by mentioning
      it to your genealogy buddies and generally spreading the word. Give them
      the URL

      and they can sign-up directly.

      You can also use this same address to manage your subscription and to access
      the archives.

      2 WHAT’S IN THE NEWSLETTER:
      A total of 42 new title releases in this newsletter.
      New releases from Archive CD Books Canada.
      New Australian Books on CD
      New British Census on CD
      New British Books on CD
      Our first Irish Books on CD
      News, Gossip, and more.

      3 NEW CANADIAN RELEASES:
      To find a book on our web site http://www.archivecdbooks.ca take a note of
      the catalogue number - or use the “copy” function - go to the web site,
      click on the “Search Page” link and enter, or “paste,” the number into the
      “Product Number” box. Hit “Search” and then “More” and you will be in a
      position to reread the description or to place your order.
      There is frequently more information about the books available on the web
      site. All prices in $Cdn.

      We frequently shorten a book’s description for this newsletter. Check our
      website catalogue for the full description.

      * Hudson Bay or Everyday Life in the Wilds of North America
      CA0164: $13.00
      Here is a narrative of first hand experience in the service of the Hudson
      Bay Company during the 1840s. This was the first book written by Robert
      Michael Ballantyne (1825 - 1894) although not his first experience at
      writing as he spent much of his free time in Canada writing down his
      adventures so his mother could read what an experience her son was having.
      It was not until the end of his period of
      employment that he decided to rewrite his experiences in book form.
      When published his book was so successful that he continued to write story
      books for boys for the rest of his life. This is the only one based on
      actual experience although he always researched the background to his
      stories carefully. Being written as much to entertain as to instruct, this
      book is easy to read and has the feel of a novel - even containing dialogue
      in some places. On the whole, we are told, it is a true account of the
      actual personal experience of the author during his six years spent in
      Canada.
      < truncated - see website for full description > We are grateful to Joyce
      Johnson for allowing us to make a copy of her book so that you may also have
      the benefit of this "easy" introduction to the activities of one of Canada's
      great institutions. Please join with us in thanking Joyce for her
      generosity.
      The text in this book has been formatted so that it can be searched using
      the "Search" and "Find" features of the freely available PDF file reading
      applications.

      * Year Book of British Columbia - 1903
      CA0166: $23.00
      According to its introduction this is either the second or the third
      publication in this series depending if you consider the addition of a
      1901 updating appendix to the 1897 original to be a second edition or not.
      Whatever edition it is, it remains one of the most detailed and informative
      sources of information about life in British Columbia 100+ years ago.
      There is a "no nonsense" style about this book so the descriptions and text
      are brief and to the point. Where applicable the facts are
      provided in tabular form allowing quick access to all the details.
      Parts of the book that struck me as being of great interest to genealogists
      were the descriptions of the different geographical areas which included
      discussion of the major industries and agricultural enterprises resident and
      the Towns and Cities section which listed all the significant population
      centers in the province which identifies its relation to the surrounding
      centers and the reasons for it's existence.
      There are pictures of the natural features such as rivers, waterfalls and
      lakes, pictures of mines and mining, pictures of bears and hunters, several
      wonderful pictures of the aboriginal people and two pictures of New
      Westminster, one in 1864 and one in 1902. We see a lot of pictures
      from old books and these are some of the best I've seen from this era.
      It's worth getting this CD for the pictures alone.
      < truncated - see website for full description > We are grateful to Joyce
      Johnson for allowing us to make a copy of her book so that you may also have
      the benefit of this great reference book. Please join with us in thanking
      Joyce for her generosity.
      The book is presented in our normal PDF format, fully supported with
      bookmarking and with searchable text.

      * Nova Scotia in its Historical, Mercantile and Industrial Relations
      CA0173: $28.00
      An excellent and comprehensive history of Nova Scotia with a rather
      misleading title. In his preface Duncan Campbell - the author - explains
      that when preparing the manuscript for this book he was anticipating the
      publication of the results of the 1871 census. By the time he had the draft
      manuscript completed, however, only one of the five anticipated volumes of
      the census had been released so his final book lacked much of the numeric
      and statistical data he had anticipated gleaning from the census. In some
      ways this may be regarded as fortunate. The book as published and copied
      here, contains a far fuller account of Nova Scotia's history that it would
      if Duncan Campbell had had to edit it to make room for a lot of data which,
      after all, is still available to us in the said census report.
      Of course this could not be a representative history of Nova Scotia if it
      didn't pay attention to the many and varied ethnic groups who have crossed
      the shores and have interacted with greater and lesser degrees of friction.
      These groups include at least the native peoples, the French, the British,
      the Acadians, the Celts, the Maroons and the Loyalists. In dealing with the
      Celts, Cape Breton comes under scrutiny giving some interesting insight's
      into the area's development.
      The author considered that an index would be a necessity for a book
      such as this and so he has included a very comprehensive 18 page one.
      Our CD copy is also text searchable using the "Find" and "Search"
      features of the free PDF file readers such as Adobe Reader™ so that the
      information in this book is now more accessible than even the excellent
      index had made the original.
      < truncated - see website for full description > This book has been loaned
      to us by a friend of the Archive CD Books Project and we are sure you would
      like to join with us in thanking them for their generosity in allowing us to
      make this CD copy available to assist in your researches.

      * Collections of the Nova Scotia Historical Society 1893 - 95, Vol. XI
      CA0174-IX: $9.50
      One of a series of publications by the Nova Scotia Historical Society, the
      first of which was published in June 1878. This is number 9 (IX) in the
      series and collects the papers read before the society in the years 1893 to
      1895. The titles of these papers are:
      - The Voyages and Discoveries of the Cabots (21 pages.)
      - A Chapter in the History of the Township of Onslow, N. S (33 pages.)
      - Richard John Uniacke (45 pages.)
      - Ships of War Lost on the Coast of Nova Scotia and Sable Island, during the
      Eighteenth Century (17 pages.)
      - Louisbourg : An Historical Sketch (59 pages including two maps.) In
      addition there are three "In Memoriam" dedications to members of the
      Society, lists of the current Officers and Members of the Society, and of
      papers previously published.
      It can be seen from their length that these are serious, "in depth"
      studies of their subjects. They provide a wealth of information gathered by
      individuals who were able to directly access information which is now locked
      away to preserve it.
      Our CD version of this publication has been formatted for computer text
      search which will enable you to go directly to the information you need
      rather than having to read through numerous pages to find it.
      Compatible with any computer which can read a CD and run a PDF interrupter
      such as the freely available Adobe Reader™ V4 or later.
      A friend of Archive CD Books has been kind enough to loan us this book out
      of their collection. Please join us in thanking them for their generosity
      in allowing us all to share this great old publication.

      4 COMING SOON:

      During the summer we can get out “in the field” to hunt for more interesting
      titles for you. We have been quite successful so far but also have a big
      stock of existing titles to choose from. Frankly we’re spoiled for choice
      right now and can’t make up our minds what our next project should be. Next
      month’s new releases will have to remain a mystery for now, but you can be
      assured they will be interesting.

      5 NEW RELEASES FROM OTHER PARTNERS:
      (All prices in $Cdn.)

      AUSTRALIAN BOOKS - NEW RELEASES:

      We frequently shorten a book’s description for this newsletter. Check our
      website catalogue for the full description.

      * Early Days of Windsor - J. Steele
      AU2015: $26.80
      Written by the Rev. Jas Steele, in 1915, this book is a detailed history of
      the town of Windsor and the Hawkesbury area on the Hawkesbury River, New
      South Wales. The book covers Windsor's history from exploration starting in
      1788 and the first settlers in 1794 through to 'the present' (1915). It was
      first published as a series of articles in the 'Windsor and Richmond
      Gazette' between August 1914 and February 1915.
      <truncated - see website for full description> The whole text of this 266
      page book is searchable - names, places - in fact any word in the text High
      quality scanned images of the whole of the original book.

      * The Official Municipal Year Book and Shires Directory New South Wales
      1907
      AU2019: $35.90
      This book was compiled in response to the introduction of 'the Local
      Government Act 1906' in New South Wales which in effect 'makes the principal
      of Local Self Government a living reality'. A large proportion of the book
      includes a list of all municipalities and shires throughout New South Wales.
      In addition the book also contains background information to the formation
      of local governments in New South Wales.
      < truncated - see website for full description >
      The whole text of this 728 page book is searchable - names, places - in
      fact any word in the text High quality scanned images of the whole of the
      original book.

      * Government Gazettes contain a vast amount of historical and genealogical
      information. However they are largely an untapped resource. The few complete
      runs that are available are usually only found in major libraries. Tens of
      thousands of ordinary people and localities, small and large, are mentioned
      EVERY YEAR in Government Gazettes. But they offer researchers much more than
      simply names and places. They will help you reconstruct events and
      circumstances in the life of individuals and communities.
      < truncated - see website for full description >
      The data on this CD is completely self-contained, and requires no
      installation. Searching that Unlocks the Gazettes

      * New South Wales Government Gazette 1843
      AU2100-1843: $49.50
      The whole text of the 2 volume, 3101 page volume set is searchable.

      * New South Wales Government Gazette 1850
      AU2100-1850: $54.10
      The whole text of the 2 volume, 3101 page volume set is searchable.

      * Queensland Government Gazette 1890
      AU4100-1890: $54.10
      The whole text of the 3 volumes (totaling 3470 pages) is searchable.

      * Victorian Government Gazette 1859
      AU7100-1859: $54.10
      The whole of the 2882 pages of the 2 volumes are searchable.

      * Moore's Almanac and New South Wales Country Directory 1925
      AU2115-1925: $35.90
      This book is divided into two sections- an Australian Almanac and a NSW
      directory for 1925 and contains invaluable information on places and people,
      throughout New South Wales. Also included is a large colour map of NSW
      towns, rail and coach lines and other transport options. The Almanac is 150
      pages.
      The NSW directory contains a list of New South Wales towns over about 500
      pages. Under each town is listed distance from Sydney, transport options,
      climate description, county name, police district and population.
      < truncated - see website for full description > The whole text of this 672
      page book is searchable - names, places - in fact any word in the text High
      quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. The data on this
      CD is completely self-contained, and requires no installation.

      * Crown Land Licences Victoria 1853
      AU7022: $15.90
      This publication lists the occupants of crown land licenses for the year
      1852, and it was presented to Parliament in 1853. It is arranged by district
      including Gipps' Land, Murray, Portland Bay, Western Port and Wimmera.
      Although this is not a large book, there a literally thousands of persons
      names listed in this publication ... a very important historical and
      genealogical source.
      < truncated - see website for full description >
      High quality scanned images of the whole of the original book. The data
      on this CD is completely self-contained, and requires no installation.

      BRITISH CENSUS - NEW RELEASES:

      * Lincolnshire 1861 Census
      This a completely revised eddition with improvements in the quality of many
      of the previously hard to read pages. Now clearer and better than ever.
      C1861LINV2: $80.90 (10 CD set)
      Also available as individual part, one CD, sets: $16.10 ea.
      C1861LIN01; RG9/2311-2330
      C1861LIN02: RG9/2331-2346
      C1861LIN03: RG9/2347-2353
      C1861LIN04: RG9/2354-2364
      C1861LIN05: RG9/2365-2371
      C1861LIN06: RG9/2372-2378
      C1861LIN07: RG9/2379-2387
      C1861LIN08: RG9/2388-2396
      C1861LIN09: RG9/2397-2404
      C1861LIN10: RG9/2405-2411
      - See our web site for a full list of places included on each CD

      * Nottinghamshire 1861 Census
      This a completely revised eddition with improvements in the quality of many
      of the previously hard to read pages. Now clearer and better than ever.
      C1861NTTV2: $70.90 (9 CD set)
      Also available as individual part, one or two CDs, sets: $16.10 ea. or
      $21.20 for a 2 CD set.
      C1861NTT01: RG9/2412-2422
      C1861NTT02: RG9/2423-2430
      C1861NTT03: RG9/2431-2446 2 CD set.
      C1861NTT04: RG9/2447-2452
      C1861NTT05: RG9/2453-2469 2 CD set.
      C1861NTT06: RG9/2470-2482
      C1861NTT07: RG9/2483-2486
      - See our web site for a full list of places included on each CD

      * 1861 Census - Royal Navy at Sea & Ports Abroad
      C1861SH1: $25.00
      RG9/4433-4441 - See our web site for a full list of ships etc. included on
      the CD

      * 1861 Census - Shipping at Sea & Ports Abroad
      C1861SH2: $35.10 (Two CD set)
      RG9/4442-4468

      BRITISH BOOKS - NEW RELEASE:

      We frequently shorten a book’s description for this newsletter. Check our
      website catalogue for the full description.

      * Holden's Triennial Directory for 1805, 1806 and 1807
      GB1239: $35.30
      This book is a very rare, incredibly useful, early directory first published
      in 1805. Using a directory like this, which predates civil registration
      (1837), can often help you to pin down areas to search for possible marriage
      and baptismal records. The CD contains both volumes, including a London
      trades directory alphabetically arranged, a full alphabetical London and
      Environs Private Residences list and a full Private Residences list for each
      of the following towns, Bath, Belfast, Berwick, Birmingham, Blackburn,
      Bolton, Boston, Bradford (Wilts), Bradford (Yorks.), Bridgewater, Bristol,
      Cambridge, Canterbury, Carlisle, Chatham, Chester, Chesterfield, Chichester,
      Colchester, Cork, Coventry, Derby, Devizes, Dublin, Dudley, Edinburgh,
      Exeter, Falmouth, Frome, Gainsborough, Glasgow, Greenock, Halifax, Hinckley,
      Huddersfield, Hull, Ipswich, Kendal, Kidderminster, Lancaster, Leeds, Leek,
      Leicester, Leith, Lincoln, Liverpool, Lynn, Macclesfield, Maidstone,
      Manchester, Newark, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Paisley, Penryn,
      Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Potteries (Staffs), Rochester, Rochdale,
      Salisbury, Sheffield, Sherborn, Southampton, Stamford, Stockport, Stroud,
      Sunderland, Tiverton, Trowbridge, Truro, Wakefield, Walsall, Warrington,
      Waterford, Whitehaven, Wigan, Winchester, Wolverhampton, Yarnmouth, York.

      * Grimsby and Cleethorpes Directory 1902
      GB1339: $26.20
      A typical directory, packed full of peoples names and trades. It includes a
      Grimsby, Great Grimsby and Cleethorpes street directory, which is so
      detailed it even tells you if a building on the street is vacant. It's easy
      to use as people are listed alphabetically by surname, by their trade and by
      street. So even if you only know a small piece of information about your
      ancestors you can still locate them in this directory. Essential for those
      researching their Grimsby or Cleethorpes families.

      IRISH BOOKS - NEW RELEASE:
      We frequently shorten a book’s description for this newsletter. Check our
      website catalogue for the full description.

      * Pigot's Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824, Compendium of all sections
      IET0005: $79.20
      This is one of earliest full commercial directories of Ireland, and includes
      over 220 urban centers throughout the island. Organised by Province, and
      then town, it lists all the principal office holders, gentry, professionals,
      tradesmen, hotels, schools, public institutions, churches, and even pubs for
      each town in Ireland. There is a description of each Province and town as
      well. This was Pigot's much-expanded second edition (the previous version
      dated 1820) and is now extremely rare. The book is organised into four
      sections, by province, with additional details for Dublin:· Leinster &
      Dublin· Connaught· Munster· Ulster These provincial sections can be
      purchased separately, to reduce the cost to you. See below:

      * Pigot's Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824, Leinster & Dublin sections
      IET0001; $26.30 This title includes the Introductory sections, and the
      Dublin & Leinster sections only.

      * Pigot's Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824, Connaught section
      IET0002: $26.30
      This title includes the Introductory sections, and the Connaught section
      only.

      * Pigot's Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824, Munster section
      IET0003: $26.30
      This title includes the Introductory sections, and the Munster section only.

      * Pigot's Commercial Directory of Ireland, 1824, Ulster section
      IET0004: $26.30
      This title includes the Introductory sections, and the Ulster section only.

      * Harvey's Waterford Almanac and Directory for 1866
      IET0017: $26.30
      This was the first directory of the city of Waterford published by Thomas
      Harvey. It includes a detailed alphabetical directory of inhabitants within
      the city, as well as a full trades directory. The almanac provides a lot of
      additional local information, including a Calendar of important local events
      for 1866, lists of officers of the state and the corporation of Waterford,
      local Members of Parliament, and details of all the fairs and markets held
      in the county and the adjacent counties of Kilkenny, Tipperary and Wexford.
      At the start of the book is a map of Waterford city, and at the end are many
      advertisements for local merchants and tradesmen, making this an essential
      resource for the study of Waterford and its inhabitants in the
      mid-nineteenth century.

      * Matier's Belfast Directory for 1835-6
      IET0018: $26.30
      This book is the first Directory of Belfast published by William Matier, at
      a time when Belfast city was growing very quickly as a consequence of
      industrialisation. This directory covers the city of Belfast and
      Ballymacarrett. It gives a full trades directory, and alphabetical lists of
      all professions, noblemen, gentry, merchants, traders residing in the city
      and its neighbourhood. This is followed by a full and detailed breakdown of
      all the public institutions in the city, including their principal staff
      members, and a full list of all churches. The book also contains many
      advertisements by traders and merchants.

      * Taylor and Skinner's Road Maps of Ireland (2nd ed., 1783)
      IET0027: $39.50
      This remarkable and exceptionally rare publication was the second and
      corrected edition of the first road map of Ireland. Originally published in
      1778, the authors felt it necessary to reissue the title quickly to correct
      deficiencies. The maps were commissioned by the House of Commons in Ireland,
      and contain 289 pages of maps. The index for these detailed maps shows
      distances in English and Irish miles. The maps themselves show copious
      topographical details, like forests, hills, farm land, mills, houses,
      churches, etc. The large houses also give the owners names. There is a
      personal name index at the back detailing every name recorded on the maps.
      This edition also contains a new large-scale 'accurate' map of Ireland.
      Taylor and Skinner's road maps of Ireland (and their books for Scotland,
      England and the USA) were a phenomenal achievement for their day, and
      remains an essential research tool for the late eighteenth century.

      * James Hardiman's History of the Town and County of the town of Galway
      IET0043: $39.50
      This book is considered to be the definitive history of Galway. James
      Hardiman, an active member of the Royal Irish Academy and sub-commissioner
      of Public Records at Dublin Castle published it in 1820. As a result the
      book contains much information now lost as a consequence of the 1922 fire at
      the Public Record Office. The book is organised into four sections, with
      additional appendices and other information at the end. These are:· History
      of Galway from earliest times to the present in 7 chapters. This is the main
      bulk of the book and includes copious transcripts of original sources.· The
      Corporation of Galway. This section includes lists of all city officials and
      MPs from earliest times and copies of the charters, etc.· Ecclesiastical
      History of Galway.· Galway in 1820. Details of all official, public and
      private institutions, governance, education, economic information, etc.
      The book also contains many fine illustrations of the city, as well as maps,
      including a large-scale map of the city in 1651.

      6 NEWS & GOSSIP:

      If any of you have genealogy related questions of a general nature - or
      something specifically related to Archive CD Books - we'd be glad to publish
      your question in this newsletter to tap into the enormous fund of knowledge
      which I know is out there.

      * DOWNLOADS PAGE:
      Our new Downloads page is being well used. We are uploading a “sampler” of
      all our Canadian new releases and will be making and uploading the samplers
      of the previous releases as time allows. Many of you have taken advantage
      of the free download of the complete book of the “Early Days at Port
      Ryerse.” Look out for more free downloads of complete books as suitable
      subjects come along.

      * AUSTRALIAN TITLE REFERENCE NUMBERS:
      Archive CD Books Australia have revised the reference numbers of a number of
      their books for a more logical numbering system. If you can’t find a
      particular book by it’s reference number, search for it’s title. All the
      old titles are still there, only the numbers have changed.

      * ARCHIVE CD BOOKS IRELAND:
      HERE AT LAST! You will already have seen that we have received some of the
      new Irish titles. We still have a few waiting to be put on our site once we
      have sorted out a slight technical hitch.

      * YARMOUTH COOPERATIVE PROJECT:
      You can now get your copies of:
      A Compendium of the Shipping of Yarmouth, N.S. (1761 - 1902), CA0158
      Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, a Sequel to Campbells History - 1888, CA0159
      Yarmouth Past and Present, A Book of Reminiscences - 1902, CA0160
      directly from the Yarmouth County Museum Archives, 22 Collins St., Yarmouth,
      N. S., B5A 3C8, Tel:  902-742-5539 When you visit the museum don’t forget to
      thank Stuart McLean, the Archivist, for his part in getting this project
      underway.

      * SPECIALS:
      Don’t forget to introduce your friends to our site so they can benefit from
      our current special. All new customers will receive a copy of our
      recently released “Manners and Rules of Good Society,” CA0009
      regularly: $19.00, absolutely free. This book holds the key to the social
      code of 100 + years ago. A great help in understanding the attitudes and
      actions of our ancestors.

      * NEW CANADIAN FORUM on British-Genealogy Forums site:
      Don’t forget the NEW FORUM for Canadian Genealogy discussions. You can go
      to it directly using the following URL :
      <http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333>
      or if you want to navigate to it through the hierarchy you go through
      “Family History” - “Place Forums” and then you’ll find “Canada Genealogy”
      near the bottom of the list. We need to get some discussion going on this
      list to show that Canada is interested so give it a visit and help “put us
      on the map.”
      There has already been a question about starting separate forums for each
      Province but we’ll only be doing that when the volume of correspondence
      makes it hard to follow the threads.

      7 FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY AND OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:

      The Charlotte County (NB) Archives, located in the Old Gaol, will be opened
      during the following hours for this summer.
      July 4- 29 Mon to Fri 9 am to 5 pm
      Aug 1-31 Mon to Fri 9 am to 5 pm
      NOTE: Opened New Brunswick Day -- August 1 Charlotte County Archives, 123
      Frederick Street, St. Andrews, NB, E5B
      1Z1
      Phone: 1-506-529-4248

      ---

      * BHCD Reunion August 27th. 2005 Rockingham, Halifax,NS British Home
      Children and Descendants Association will hold their 3rd annual reunion on
      August 27th, 2005 at the Rockingham United Church Hall, 12 Flamingo Dr.
      Rockingham, Halifax, NS. Registration 9.00.AM to 9.45AM.
      Special speaker will be Dr. Patricia Roberts-Pichette, British Isles Family
      History Society of Greater Ottawa, who will speak on conditions in Britain's
      industrial cities in the later 1800's - early 1900's.
      Highlight of the afternoon program will be the unveiling of an Interpretive
      Panel, in Rockingham Centennial Park, to honor John T Middlemore, to
      preserve the history of the " Fairview Home " Middlemore Distribution Centre
      and as a Memorial to all Middlemore children who came to Canada.
      For more information contact: Cecil Verge, phone: 902-681-6697, e-mail -
      willowcb@...
      ---

      * British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa (BIFHSGO) 2005 Fall
      Conference September 23rd, 24th and 25th at the Library and Archives Canada
      building, 395 Wellington Street, Ottawa
      Featuring: Else Churchill, Genealogist, Society of Genealogists, London,
      England and as the “Don Whiteside Lecturer”: David Phillips, Senior
      Climatologist, Environment Canada, and media weather personality.
      Visit the web site at:
      <http://www.bifhsgo.ca/conference2005.htm> for more information, and to
      register.

      NB: Archive CD Books Canada plans to take part in the Market Place during
      this conference.
      ----

      * The Kelowna & District Genealogy Society invite you and your members to
      attend our 2005 Seminar "Harvest Your Family Tree" to be held in Kelowna,
      B.C., Canada, on September 30, October 1, 2, 2005.  We have a selection of
      noted speakers from Scotland, England and Western Canada; something for
      everyone, whether you are just beginning or are a seasoned researcher. More
      information about early bird registration, seminar schedule and presenters
      is available on the Kelowna & District Genealogy website:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~bckdgs/seminar2005.htm.
      Kind regards, Betty Maurice, Advertising Committee, 2005 Seminar -
      bjmaur@...

      Don't forget we can help your group to spread the news. Send us an e-mail.

      8 PREVIOUSLY RELEASED BOOKS:
      Archives of this newsletter showing all the previous release announcements
      are available in the newsletter archive which can be reached through,
      <http://www.british-genealogy.com/pipermail/cdbooks-news-canada/>
      All our newly released books are listed on our web site in the New Releases
      and Special Offers page. Go to:
      <http://www.archivecdbooks.ca/new.html> for an instant update on our new
      products.

      Archive CD Books Canada Inc.