FW: 1861 census - new county alert

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      the original sender

      FYI

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      -----Original Message-----
      From: newsletter@... [mailto:newsletter@...]
      Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:35 PM
      To: gordonplane@...
      Subject: 1861 census - new county alert

      We are pleased to announce that we have launched the data for Lincolnshire,
      Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Hampshire and Northumberland to our
      existing 1861 census records on http://www.1837online.com

      The counties that are now available are:

      Bedfordshire
      Berkshire
      Cambridgeshire
      Cheshire
      Cornwall
      Devon
      Dorset
      Durham
      Essex
      Glamorgan
      Gloucestershire
      Hampshire
      Hertfordshire
      Kent
      Lancashire
      Leicestershire
      Lincolnshire
      London
      Middlesex
      Northumberland
      Shropshire
      Somerset
      Staffordshire
      Surrey
      Warwickshire
      Worcestershire
      Yorkshire

      The counties that will be following next are:

      Norfolk
      Nottinghamshire
      Sussex

      We will continue to update you each time a new county is ready.

      Useful Tip: Wildcards

      If you search for an ancestor in the 1861 census and you are unsure how
      their name was spelt, or can't find it with the usual spelling, try using
      the wildcard facility. For example, if you search for William Lancaster and
      you type in William *caster, the search will return a list of results that
      include names such as William Doncaster or William Hilcaster - as well as
      William Lancaster. You can also use two wildcards to search for a string of
      letters such as *ollin*, if you are perhaps looking for a Rollind or a
      Collins. The wildcard is denoted by a * and can be used within all search
      fields, apart from ones which contain the drop-down menus.

      If you do not wish to receive any newsletters from us in the future, please
      send an email to unsubscribe@.... To view our privacy policy
      please click the following link.
      http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/privacy/index.jsp