PIONEER ACRES - 36th ANNUAL SHOW & REUNION

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      Hi Folks:

      Once again AFHS is opening new doors of opportunity.

      We have been invited to participate in the Annual Show & Reunion of the Pioneer Acres Museum at Irricana (about an hour NE of Calgary by road) on August 5 - 6 - 7
      We plan to staff our newly upgraded tabletop display from 10am to 5pm Friday and Saturday and on Sunday from 10 to 3pm.
      We need 3 members to offer their services each day - a total of 9 volunteers.
      This will allow a little shift rotation so that there is an opportunity to visit the show and see the sights of  this exciting and very entertaining/educational event.
      You may want to visit the website at http://www.pioneeracres.ab.ca
      for more details.

      This year the theme is 'A Tribute to Alberta Pioneers' (prior to 1905) with an emphasis on how they go here  -  what mode of transportation.

      If you are interested in giving AFHS a boost by helping to staff our display for a day please let me know as soon as possible. If you would like more information please call me at 254-2293

      There is also another opportunity for those who have a pioneer story to tell.
      A large indoor area has been set aside for those who would like to display photos and artifacts related to a pioneer family. Booths will be provided for a 10'x10' display.
      Please call me if you would like to participate in this way.

      Cheers

      Bill Campbell
      AFHS - Public Relations
      --