Beiseker Cemeteries

  • H D Jaremko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2005
      Good morning All,
      For those of you who would like to come to Beiseker to record the cemeteries there, we will be going out June 23, weather permitting.  For people who live on the west side of the city, please meet at Cochrane Ranch in the parking lot at 8:30 am. and then you will be car pooling to Beiseker.  For those who live on the east side of the city, we will be meeting at Sears in Deerfoot Mall at 8:45 and car pooling from there. We will be recording St. Mary's, Zion and Beiseker. We will all be meeting up at the Beiseker Office/Museum, which is across from St. Mary's Cemetery at 10 a.m.  St. Mary's has about 242 headstones and 9 rows.  Zion has about 78 headstones in 5 rows and is 6.8 km. east of St. Mary's cemetery.  Beiseker has only a few headstones and is about 1 km West and south of St. Mary's.

      As usual please bring lots of water, bug spray, lunch, hats, stools, pens or pencils.  I was out at Beiseker on Wednesday and there are not very many flat markers, the brunt of them are uprights.  Spencer Field will be coming to do the trimming around the flat headstones.

      We will be recording The 7th Day Adventist Cemetery June 30 and will be meeting up much the same as this coming Thursday.  There is a church next to the cemetery, so I believe there should be no problem with using the washroom there.

      As for a washroom for the other cemeteries I think that we would have to go back to Beiseker.

      Look forward to seeing you there.
      Heather Jaremko
      Projects Chair