Bill S-18

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2005
      the original sender

      Hello Everybody:

      A contributor to the Canadian Census Release Mailing List has just posted a
      message that refers us to:

      http://www.parl.gc.ca/committee/CommitteePublication.aspx?COM=8983&Lang=1&So
      urceId=121249

      The wording is:

      38th Parliament, 1st Session
      The Standing Committee on Industry, Natural Resources, Science and
      Technology has the honour to present its
      SEVENTH REPORT
      In accordance with its Order of Reference of Monday, June 13, 2005, your
      Committee has considered Bill S-18, An Act to amend the Statistics Act, and
      agreed on Thursday, June 16, 2005, to report it without amendment.
      A copy of the relevant Minutes of Proceedings (Meetings Nos. 43 and 44) is
      tabled.
      Respectfully submitted,
      Le président,

      BRENT ST. DENIS
      Chair

      It is a big relief that the Bill was sent back to the Commons without
      amendment. The next step, as I understand it, is to have Third Reading of
      the Bill passed by the House of Commons, following which we SHOULD have
      access to the 1911 Canadian census.

      I expect that Gordon Watts will let us have his comments later today and I
      will pass them on to you. In the meantime, if my reading of the situation is
      incorrect no doubt Lois Sparling will let us know.

      Keep your fingers crossed that all this can be processed before the summer
      recess.

      Rene Dussome

    • fredastewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2005
        Hello all!   - just got home to hear the good news - Bill S-18 has passed today - thanks to all who signed petitions over and over,  and especially to Lois for all your effort - and to all who contributed financially when Lois put out the call.
        Freda Stewart