AFHS at THE CALGARY STAMPEDE

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi Folks:
      In our endeavors to increase community awareness of our Alberta Family Histories Society we have discovered an opportunity to work with a 'sister' society, The Southern Alberta Pioneers and Their Descendants.
      Their organization will once again have high prominence at the Calgary Stampede (July 8-17)  with a large booth and display in the Round Up Centre.
      Our AFHS has been invited to display our brochure and make it available to  visitors and a no cost to our Society.
      In exchange we have agreed to help them with their booth staffing.
      Shifts run just 3 hours. A gate pass is provided to each volunteer which allows free access to the grounds for the day.
      If you would be interested in assisting the Pioneers please contact Dave Wake at 288-5545.
      You will be asked to appear at their Memorial Building 3625 4th Street SW on June 20th to pick up your pass and obtain a few instructions.

      Your support of our Society and the Pioneers will be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers

      BILL
      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL