photo editing article from NYT

  • AFHS Computer Sig Tips
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2005
      I was incorrect in Computer Sig today - this seems to me to be the same
      program Charlie Hansen was talking about, and is not free.
      An Easy-to-Use Graphics Program Made for Those Who Don't Always Get the
      Picture (or Can't Afford To)
      By WARREN BUCKLEITNER

      Published: May 12, 2005

      Corefx Three Level is a simple, powerful graphics program for those who
      can't afford or can't master Photoshop. The drawing palette offers 12
      types of art tools, in any color or tip size. You can scribble with
      waxy crayons - the harder you press, the darker the line - or let
      watercolors bleed into a silky parchment.

      You can undo your work all the way back to a blank page if you want,
      and then redo it (in case you decide your mistake wasn't a mistake
      after all). There's a collection of realistic, resizable clip art, and
      you can add text to your project. The standard pull-down menus are
      familiar, often duplicating the icon menus, increasing your chances of
      making things work.

      The program ($54.95 for Windows 98 and later) is available at
      core-learning.com. A trial version that will work for 30 days and has
      the print-save features disabled can be found on shareware sites.

      If you have children (or happen to teach a room full of wriggling
      kindergartners), you will appreciate the ability to customize the menus
      with a beginner's level setting. Advanced users will find features even
      Photoshop lacks, like a tutorial on how to make animated graphics and a
      quick-redraw feature that can fast-forward through your project. You
      can even import an image from your camera, add some text, and create an
      artistic title screen for your family scrapbook. WARREN BUCKLEITNER
      Mary Arthur

      Undocumented Genealogy is Mythology