web tips

  • Judith
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 8:23 AM

      Last week at the MHSA meeting, I mentioned a “new” search tool that’s kinda fun.

      Go to: http://www.yagoohoogle.com

      When you do a search, it will split the screen into two – revealing the ‘hits’ with Yahoo on the left and Google on the right.

      Cc to my friends at the Alberta Family Histories Society too.

      Judith Rempel

      Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer

      rempel@...

      www.rempelfamily.ca

      and

      1906@...

      1906 Census of Canada

      Transcription Project

      Alberta Family Histories Society

      and

      MHSA Library & Archives Coordinator

      queries@...

      www.mennonites.ca/mhsa/

    • AFHS Computer Sig Tips
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 8:38 AM
        Another interesting tool is from Google, it is in beta so you can't yet
        get to it from Google's home page.
        http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1 It works like spell checker - it
        tries to figure out what you are looking for.

        Mary