Re: spam on dist gen

  • Joanne E. Bixby
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2002
      Hi there,

      This is a free download for killing spam that works quite well for me. It doesn't filter everything, but it catches a lot. One can tweak it to add any unwanted spam addresses as well. Hope this will help.

      Warm regards,

      Joanne E. Bixby

      owner - dist-gen wrote:

      > If anyone has any way to stop it from appearing we would be happy
      > hear about it. The inventor will be very popular.
      >
      > It
      appears that the dist-gen address has been successfully harvested and

      sold to smammers.

      > Do not open any attachments from dist gen.
      (or from anybody you were not
      > expecting to send you an
      attachment).

      > Delete all begging letters and spam. Employ
      software filters to try to

      wrote:

      > > Why is this junk allowed on this list?

      Ines
    • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2002
        I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

        Sincerely yours,

        Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
        B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
        Chairman and President

        GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
        977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
        Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
        Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
        E-Mail: services@...
        GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
        908-34th Street S.E.
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
        Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

        On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:28:27
        Charles Aubin wrote:
        >Hi Everyone:
        >If you receive any spam from Africa, Congo in particular, press forward
        >and send to WASP@... This is a web site set up by the RCMP
        >and Ontario Police. They are investigating these people , who are
        >incidentally from California, not Africa. How they manage to suck
        >people into these schemes is unbelievable, but they are making $4 to $5
        >million per month. Hope we can help stamp them out.
        >Charlie
        >
        >owner - dist-gen wrote:
        >>
        >> If anyone has any way to stop it from appearing we would be happy to
        >> hear about it. The inventor will be very popular.
        >>
        >> It appears that the dist-gen address has been successfully harvested and
        >> sold to smammers.
        >>
        >> Do not open any attachments from dist gen. (or from anybody you were not
        >> expecting to send you an attachment).
        >>
        >> Delete all begging letters and spam. Employ software filters to try to
        >> limit what you see.
        >>
        >> Ines wrote:
        >>
        >> > Why is this junk allowed on this list?
        >> > Ines
        >> >

        >> > At 01:07 AM 10/03/02 +0200, you wrote:
        >> >

        >> http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        >> http://www.family-roots.ca
        >
        >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        >http://www.family-roots.ca

        Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
        Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com
      • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2002
          I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

          Sincerely yours,

          Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
          B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
          Chairman and President

          GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
          977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
          Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
          Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
          E-Mail: services@...
          GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
          908-34th Street S.E.
          Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
          Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

          ---