AFHS Library Cleaning anmd Donations
- Please note that your reply will now only go to
the original sender
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the LEGACY SIG
members who came out last night to clean the library.
The following cleanup was done by this group:
1. Outside sidewalks swept up.
2. Front door cleaned inside and out.
3. All tables cleaned.
4. All fabric chairs vacuumed and metal parts cleaned.
5. All vinyl chairs and metal parts cleaned.
6. Bathroom floors, sink and toilet cleaned.
7. All rugs vacuumed.
8. All computer and other stands cleaned.
9. All garbage cleaned up.
10. Floors swept, vacuumed and mopped.
The following are a few suggestions that I think would help to keep
the place tidy:
1: The outside sidewalk needs swept at least weekly. A lot of dirt is
thrown up by passing vehicles and tramped inside. Especially with
spring in the air and the possibility of rain and muddy sidewalks and/or
shoes. Plus the city is going to be starting 16th Avenue
expansion--more dirt and dust.
2: It might even prove comfortable--I think everyone using the Library
should leave their shoes at the door and bring along their slippers.
3. The main front window is broken and the owner should be approached to
contact his insurance company. We were reluctant to clean it in case it
broke even more.
4. I was told by the ladies working at the library, that the upright
vacuum cleaner was not working--get rid of it. The power vac works great.
5. The mop and go doesn't cut it. We will supply a plastic pail and
squeeze mop--in the future.
6. Glass cleaner needed-we will supply.
7. Clean and flush toilet pads needed-we will supply.
8. Go two blocks East and have a beverage or snack at A&W. Great
chatting with each other after a job well done.
In a different light. The following items have been donated to the
Library by the LEGACY Users Group:
1. LEGACY 5.0 Basic Program CD
This can be used to load the basic program onto your computer.
This is a fully functional copy of the program and can be used as is
or updated online to the more advanced Deluxe version. It
also contains an instructional video on getting started. Give it a try.
2. Two VHS videos--The Beginners and Intermediate Instructions. These
were made for 4.0, but most of the information is still valid.
3. VHS--Digital Imaging For Genealogy--for all, not just Legacy. Covers
scanning, digital cameras, etc.
4. Instructional CD--12 Step Checklist
5. Instructional CD--Ultimate Guide To Sources
6. Instructional CD--Mastering Events And Chronologies
7. Instructional CD--New Innovations In Legacy
8. Instructional CD--Tagging And Searching Made Easy
These are self loading CDs and can be used as stand alone or with your
program opened. As these are one of a kind we have asked that they be
loaned out for two weeks at a time due to the number of people using the
Thank you, we enjoyed the outing,