Re: Photos received in HTM

  • Rodney and Pat
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      Hello Wendy

      Thanks for your reply. After saving it to Word and sending
      it back to myself, the message came up 'restricted zone' and
      'check the security settings', so I've been working on that
      (no luck so far) but will keep trying. Thanks again that
      did help some.
      Pat Child

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
        An htm/html page/file can contain links to images, but it is not an image
        format. What's likely happened is that your relatives have created an htm
        page that "points" (links) to images that are on their hard drive, but they
        only sent you the htm file, not the images.

        They should know the filenames and be able to send them directly as
        attachments - without worrying about the htm stuff.

        Photos for best transmission by e-mail is jpg/jpeg.

        Judith Rempel
        Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer
        rempel@...
        www.rempelfamily.ca

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2005
          There's no need to save as "html". Just copy/paste the image into Word and
          save the Word file. The image will travel along just fine (and can be
          extracted from the page).

          It doesn't matter whether you save to the desktop or any other place -
          you'll (sender and recipient) always will be able to read it.

          Judii