RE: Photos received in HTM

  • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      Hello,

      I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a Word document
      as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the experience
      you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment in the email
      and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see anything when
      trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop. Give it a try.

      Wendy Fitzpatrick
      Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
      New Ventures,
      International New Ventures Exploration
      EnCana Corporation
      Ph. 403-645-3427
      Fx. 403-290-2240

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
        Hello Wendy

        Thanks for your reply. After saving it to Word and sending
        it back to myself, the message came up 'restricted zone' and
        'check the security settings', so I've been working on that
        (no luck so far) but will keep trying. Thanks again that
        did help some.
        Pat Child

        > I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a
        > Word document
        > as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the
        > experience
        > you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment
        > in the email
        > and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see
        > anything when
        > trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop.
        > Give it a try.
        >
        > Wendy Fitzpatrick
        > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
        > New Ventures,
        > International New Ventures Exploration
        > EnCana Corporation
        > Ph. 403-645-3427
        > Fx. 403-290-2240

      • Judith
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
          An htm/html page/file can contain links to images, but it is not an image
          format. What's likely happened is that your relatives have created an htm
          page that "points" (links) to images that are on their hard drive, but they
          only sent you the htm file, not the images.

          They should know the filenames and be able to send them directly as
          attachments - without worrying about the htm stuff.

          Photos for best transmission by e-mail is jpg/jpeg.

          Judith Rempel
          Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer
          rempel@...
          www.rempelfamily.ca

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2005
            There's no need to save as "html". Just copy/paste the image into Word and
            save the Word file. The image will travel along just fine (and can be
            extracted from the page).

            It doesn't matter whether you save to the desktop or any other place -
            you'll (sender and recipient) always will be able to read it.

            Judii