Re: Photos received in HTM

  • AFHS Computer Sig Tips
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or Explorer)? as htm
      is web page language. The best way to send photos is as jpeg.

      On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:

      > The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and I tried to
      > open them in irfanview without success. If I ask her to send them in
      > plain text, will that work, or what's the best way to go?
      >
      > Many thanks for any help.
      >
      > Pat Child

    • Rodney & Pat
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
        I tried opening them in Explorer, but a grey page comes up
        with a little red cross in the corner. I clicked on 'open
        picture' but nothing happens.
        Pat

        > Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or
        > Explorer)? as htm is web page language. The best way to
        > send photos is as jpeg.
        >

        > On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:
        >
        >> The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and
        >> I tried to open them in irfanview without success. If I
        >> ask her to send them in plain text, will that work, or
        >> what's the best way to go?
        >>
        >> Many thanks for any help.
        >>
        >> Pat Child
        >>

        >> http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
          Hello,

          I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a Word document
          as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the experience
          you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment in the email
          and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see anything when
          trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop. Give it a try.

          Wendy Fitzpatrick
          Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
          New Ventures,
          International New Ventures Exploration
          EnCana Corporation
          Ph. 403-645-3427
          Fx. 403-290-2240

          Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or Explorer)? as htm
          is web page language. The best way to send photos is as jpeg.

          On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:

          > The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and I tried to
          > open them in irfanview without success. If I ask her to send them in
          > plain text, will that work, or what's the best way to go?
          >
          > Many thanks for any help.
          >
          > Pat Child

        • Rodney and Pat
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
            Hello Wendy

            Thanks for your reply. After saving it to Word and sending
            it back to myself, the message came up 'restricted zone' and
            'check the security settings', so I've been working on that
            (no luck so far) but will keep trying. Thanks again that
            did help some.
            Pat Child

            > I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a
            > Word document
            > as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the
            > experience
            > you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment
            > in the email
            > and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see
            > anything when
            > trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop.
            > Give it a try.
            >
            > Wendy Fitzpatrick
            > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
            > New Ventures,
            > International New Ventures Exploration
            > EnCana Corporation
            > Ph. 403-645-3427
            > Fx. 403-290-2240

          • Judith
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
              An htm/html page/file can contain links to images, but it is not an image
              format. What's likely happened is that your relatives have created an htm
              page that "points" (links) to images that are on their hard drive, but they
              only sent you the htm file, not the images.

              They should know the filenames and be able to send them directly as
              attachments - without worrying about the htm stuff.

              Photos for best transmission by e-mail is jpg/jpeg.

              Judith Rempel
              Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer
              rempel@...
              www.rempelfamily.ca

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2005
                There's no need to save as "html". Just copy/paste the image into Word and
                save the Word file. The image will travel along just fine (and can be
                extracted from the page).

                It doesn't matter whether you save to the desktop or any other place -
                you'll (sender and recipient) always will be able to read it.

                Judii