Photos received in HTM

  • Rodney and Pat
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
      The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and I
      tried to open them in irfanview without success. If I ask
      her to send them in plain text, will that work, or what's
      the best way to go?

      Many thanks for any help.

      Pat Child

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • AFHS Computer Sig Tips
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
        Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or Explorer)? as htm
        is web page language. The best way to send photos is as jpeg.

        On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:

        > The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and I tried to
        > open them in irfanview without success. If I ask her to send them in
        > plain text, will that work, or what's the best way to go?
        >
        > Many thanks for any help.
        >
        > Pat Child

      • Rodney & Pat
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
          I tried opening them in Explorer, but a grey page comes up
          with a little red cross in the corner. I clicked on 'open
          picture' but nothing happens.
          Pat

          > Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or
          > Explorer)? as htm is web page language. The best way to
          > send photos is as jpeg.
          >

          > On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:
          >
          >> The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and
          >> I tried to open them in irfanview without success. If I
          >> ask her to send them in plain text, will that work, or
          >> what's the best way to go?
          >>
          >> Many thanks for any help.
          >>
          >> Pat Child
          >>

          >> http://www.afhs.ab.ca

        • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
            Hello,

            I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a Word document
            as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the experience
            you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment in the email
            and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see anything when
            trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop. Give it a try.

            Wendy Fitzpatrick
            Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
            New Ventures,
            International New Ventures Exploration
            EnCana Corporation
            Ph. 403-645-3427
            Fx. 403-290-2240

            Have you tried opening them in a browser (Firefox or Explorer)? as htm
            is web page language. The best way to send photos is as jpeg.

            On 15-Apr-05, at 12:38, Rodney and Pat wrote:

            > The photos a relation has emailed of her baby are htm and I tried to
            > open them in irfanview without success. If I ask her to send them in
            > plain text, will that work, or what's the best way to go?
            >
            > Many thanks for any help.
            >
            > Pat Child

          • Rodney and Pat
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 15, 2005
              Hello Wendy

              Thanks for your reply. After saving it to Word and sending
              it back to myself, the message came up 'restricted zone' and
              'check the security settings', so I've been working on that
              (no luck so far) but will keep trying. Thanks again that
              did help some.
              Pat Child

              > I just tried a little test with a photo that I saved in a
              > Word document
              > as .htm format. When I sent it to myself I replicated the
              > experience
              > you are having. However, when I clicked on the attachment
              > in the email
              > and saved it to my Desktop, (even though I could not see
              > anything when
              > trying to open it), I could open it from the Desktop.
              > Give it a try.
              >
              > Wendy Fitzpatrick
              > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
              > New Ventures,
              > International New Ventures Exploration
              > EnCana Corporation
              > Ph. 403-645-3427
              > Fx. 403-290-2240

            • Judith
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2005
                An htm/html page/file can contain links to images, but it is not an image
                format. What's likely happened is that your relatives have created an htm
                page that "points" (links) to images that are on their hard drive, but they
                only sent you the htm file, not the images.

                They should know the filenames and be able to send them directly as
                attachments - without worrying about the htm stuff.

                Photos for best transmission by e-mail is jpg/jpeg.

                Judith Rempel
                Family Surnames: Rempel, Peters, Kaethler, Stobbe, Isaak, & Fischer
                rempel@...
                www.rempelfamily.ca

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 24, 2005
                  There's no need to save as "html". Just copy/paste the image into Word and
                  save the Word file. The image will travel along just fine (and can be
                  extracted from the page).

                  It doesn't matter whether you save to the desktop or any other place -
                  you'll (sender and recipient) always will be able to read it.

                  Judii