RE: Searchable Filing System

  • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      My suggestion is to use Excel or Access. Both are powerful, pretty
      standard and fairly easy to use. Plus they allow usage of Word files.
      Excel can offer pivot tables, Access a stronger database tool. In some
      ways this gentleman is asking for some functionalities which in a higher
      form may not be achievable unless he's willing to pay the big bucks.
      Even a Computer Science student out of university would want a hefty
      price to do this development project. Mind you not $100,000 - perhaps
      2-5% depending on the hours put in. Therefore my suggestion is to go
      with either Excel or Access if the driving force behind the want is a
      need subject to cost.

      Wendy Fitzpatrick
      Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
      New Ventures,