Re: spam on dist gen

  • owner - dist-gen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2002
      If anyone has any way to stop it from appearing we would be happy to
      hear about it. The inventor will be very popular.

      It appears that the dist-gen address has been successfully harvested and
      sold to smammers.

      Do not open any attachments from dist gen. (or from anybody you were not
      expecting to send you an attachment).

      Delete all begging letters and spam. Employ software filters to try to
      limit what you see.

      Ines wrote:

      > Why is this junk allowed on this list?
      > Ines

    • Charles Aubin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2002
        Hi Everyone:
        If you receive any spam from Africa, Congo in particular, press forward
        and send to WASP@... This is a web site set up by the RCMP
        and Ontario Police. They are investigating these people , who are
        incidentally from California, not Africa. How they manage to suck
        people into these schemes is unbelievable, but they are making $4 to $5
        million per month. Hope we can help stamp them out.
        Charlie

        owner - dist-gen wrote:

        > If anyone has any way to stop it from appearing we would be happy to
        > hear about it. The inventor will be very popular.
        >
        > It appears that the dist-gen address has been successfully harvested and
        > sold to smammers.
        >
        > Do not open any attachments from dist gen. (or from anybody you were not
        > expecting to send you an attachment).
        >
        > Delete all begging letters and spam. Employ software filters to try to
        > limit what you see.
        >
        > Ines wrote:
        >
        > > Why is this junk allowed on this list?
        > > Ines
        > >

        > > At 01:07 AM 10/03/02 +0200, you wrote:
        > >

        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca

      • Joanne E. Bixby
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2002
          Hi there,

          This is a free download for killing spam that works quite well for me. It doesn't filter everything, but it catches a lot. One can tweak it to add any unwanted spam addresses as well. Hope this will help.

          Warm regards,

          Joanne E. Bixby

          wrote:

          > > Why is this junk allowed on this list?

          Ines
        • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2002
            I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

            Sincerely yours,

            Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
            B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
            Chairman and President

            GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
            977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
            Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
            Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
            E-Mail: services@...
            GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
            908-34th Street S.E.
            Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
            Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

            On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:28:27
            Charles Aubin wrote:
            >Hi Everyone:
            >If you receive any spam from Africa, Congo in particular, press forward
            >and send to WASP@... This is a web site set up by the RCMP
            >and Ontario Police. They are investigating these people , who are
            >incidentally from California, not Africa. How they manage to suck
            >people into these schemes is unbelievable, but they are making $4 to $5
            >million per month. Hope we can help stamp them out.
            >Charlie
            >
            >owner - dist-gen wrote:
            >>
            >> If anyone has any way to stop it from appearing we would be happy to
            >> hear about it. The inventor will be very popular.
            >>
            >> It appears that the dist-gen address has been successfully harvested and
            >> sold to smammers.
            >>
            >> Do not open any attachments from dist gen. (or from anybody you were not
            >> expecting to send you an attachment).
            >>
            >> Delete all begging letters and spam. Employ software filters to try to
            >> limit what you see.
            >>
            >> Ines wrote:
            >>
            >> > Why is this junk allowed on this list?
            >> > Ines
            >> >

            >> > At 01:07 AM 10/03/02 +0200, you wrote:
            >> >

            >> http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            >> http://www.family-roots.ca
            >
            >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            >http://www.family-roots.ca

            Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
            Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com
          • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2002
              I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

              Sincerely yours,

              Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
              B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
              Chairman and President

              GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
              977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
              Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
              Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
              E-Mail: services@...
              GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
              908-34th Street S.E.
              Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
              Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

              ---