Re: Cannon Printer

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 23, 2005
      Hi there:

      Go to Google and search for "i960 Canon printer driver download". Good
      luck.

      --
      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judith
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005

        Donna’s question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver problem.  I’m using XP as of a few months ago – and now am unable to locate a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner:  Epson perfection 636U.

        The Epson website doesn’t seem to have a driver for XP.  What I have found online are forum entries indicating

        a)      that the purchasing population should lobby Epson to provide updated drivers

        b)      pointing to home-grown drivers that may or may not work (and may have spyware or other damaging elements)

        What would you folks do?  I’m loathe to replace a fully functioning scanner (really bummed by waste and replacement cost) but also wary of the driver that I located.

        I did d/l the driver that I found, but got some odd messages and so “pulled the plug” on that approach.  Now, I hope that someone in the computersigtips crowd has a non-Epson and reliable source for scanner drivers.

        Thanks for any/all suggestions.

        Judith Rempel

        rempel@...

        www.rempelfamily.ca

        and

        1906@...

        1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

      • Charlie Hansen
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005
          Hello Judith,

          On 24 Mar 2005 you wrote:

          > Donna's question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver
          > problem. I'm using XP as of a few months ago - and now am unable to locate
          > a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner: Epson perfection 636U.

          Have you tried http://www.driverguide.com/

          They require that you join, but it is free. They list drivers for the
          Epson 600 but not specifically for the 636U. I didn't drill down all
          the way to check details, but this site has lots of drivers for many
          devices and OSs.

          Regards,

          Charlie

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca