Re: Cannon Printer

  • Donna Coulter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2005
      Gordon Lane wrote:
      Can i960 driver download page

      http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp?pid=257

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      Thanks Gordon-- Done deal- up and running.

      Donna Coulter

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 23, 2005
        Hi there:

        Go to Google and search for "i960 Canon printer driver download". Good
        luck.

        --
        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Judith
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005

          Donna’s question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver problem.  I’m using XP as of a few months ago – and now am unable to locate a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner:  Epson perfection 636U.

          The Epson website doesn’t seem to have a driver for XP.  What I have found online are forum entries indicating

          a)      that the purchasing population should lobby Epson to provide updated drivers

          b)      pointing to home-grown drivers that may or may not work (and may have spyware or other damaging elements)

          What would you folks do?  I’m loathe to replace a fully functioning scanner (really bummed by waste and replacement cost) but also wary of the driver that I located.

          I did d/l the driver that I found, but got some odd messages and so “pulled the plug” on that approach.  Now, I hope that someone in the computersigtips crowd has a non-Epson and reliable source for scanner drivers.

          Thanks for any/all suggestions.

          Judith Rempel

          rempel@...

          www.rempelfamily.ca

          and

          1906@...

          1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

        • Charlie Hansen
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005
            Hello Judith,

            On 24 Mar 2005 you wrote:

            > Donna's question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver
            > problem. I'm using XP as of a few months ago - and now am unable to locate
            > a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner: Epson perfection 636U.

            Have you tried http://www.driverguide.com/

            They require that you join, but it is free. They list drivers for the
            Epson 600 but not specifically for the 636U. I didn't drill down all
            the way to check details, but this site has lots of drivers for many
            devices and OSs.

            Regards,

            Charlie

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca