Family Roots 2002 Hotel

  • Bill Mumford
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4 7:13 PM
      It has come to my attention that several people reserving rooms at the Best
      Western Hospitality Inn have been told by the hotel reservation clerks that
      the best rate available is $89 per night. THIS IS NOT CORRECT. The rate
      for those stating they are attending the Alberta Family Histories Society
      Family Roots 2002 conference is $79 per night. YOU MUST REQUEST THIS RATE.
      If there is a problem tell the clerk to check with Wendy. I clarified this
      with the hotel reservation clerk this afternoon. Hopefully there will be no
      further problems. Hotel phone 278-5050

      Tourism Calgary is also offering a special rate for The Best Western
      Hospitality Inn for the night of October 25/26. They are quoting $89 a
      night but this includes a $40 food and beverage voucher. (One voucher per
      booking). This offer is available ONLY through Tourism Calgary. Bookings
      can be made on-line at www.tourismcalgary.com , by phone at 263-8510 or
      1-800-661-1678 during regular business hours. The quoted rates do not
      include any taxes. NOTE: When making an online booking no mention is made
      concerning the voucher. Details concerning the voucher offer can be viewed
      on the Tourism Calgary website by clicking on "here" under the Destination
      Calgary icon. I have nade a reservation on line and will contact Tourism
      Calgary re the voucher on Monday. If any problems arise I will advise the
      list.

      If you have already made a reservation with the hotel and wish to take
      advantage of the Tourism Calgary offer I would suggest you obtain the
      Tourism Calgary reservation before you cancel the original reservation.
      These special rates are all subject to availabiliy. If you are planning on
      attending the conference and intend to stay at the hotel I'd suggest you
      make your reservation soon. This is not a large hotel (130 rooms) and given
      the current registration numbers it is entirely possible the number of rooms
      available will be snapped up well before the conference.

      Bill