Cannon Printer

  • Donna Coulter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2005
      Does anyone out there have the installation disc for a i960 Cannon Printer?
      I can't find mine and it is needed to get the printer up and running
      through my new PC.

      Donna Coulter
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2005
        Can i960 driver download page

        http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp?pid=257

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Chairman
        Alberta Family Histories Society
        712-16th Ave NW,
        Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

        chairman@...
        www.afhs.ab.ca
        (403)214-1447

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Donna Coulter
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2005
          Gordon Lane wrote:
          Can i960 driver download page

          http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp?pid=257

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Chairman
          Alberta Family Histories Society
          712-16th Ave NW,
          Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

          chairman@...
          www.afhs.ab.ca
          (403)214-1447

          Thanks Gordon-- Done deal- up and running.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2005
            Hi there:

            Go to Google and search for "i960 Canon printer driver download". Good
            luck.

            --
            Regards,

            Gord Hulbert

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Judith
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005

              Donna’s question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver problem.  I’m using XP as of a few months ago – and now am unable to locate a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner:  Epson perfection 636U.

              The Epson website doesn’t seem to have a driver for XP.  What I have found online are forum entries indicating

              a)      that the purchasing population should lobby Epson to provide updated drivers

              b)      pointing to home-grown drivers that may or may not work (and may have spyware or other damaging elements)

              What would you folks do?  I’m loathe to replace a fully functioning scanner (really bummed by waste and replacement cost) but also wary of the driver that I located.

              I did d/l the driver that I found, but got some odd messages and so “pulled the plug” on that approach.  Now, I hope that someone in the computersigtips crowd has a non-Epson and reliable source for scanner drivers.

              Thanks for any/all suggestions.

              Judith Rempel

              rempel@...

              www.rempelfamily.ca

              and

              1906@...

              1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

            • Charlie Hansen
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 24, 2005
                Hello Judith,

                On 24 Mar 2005 you wrote:

                > Donna's question encouraged me to ask for advise on another driver
                > problem. I'm using XP as of a few months ago - and now am unable to locate
                > a driver for my (perfectly good) scanner: Epson perfection 636U.

                Have you tried http://www.driverguide.com/

                They require that you join, but it is free. They list drivers for the
                Epson 600 but not specifically for the 636U. I didn't drill down all
                the way to check details, but this site has lots of drivers for many
                devices and OSs.

                Regards,

                Charlie

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca