CD and DVD Specs

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
      Hi All:
      For a good description of the details of what's where on your CD's and
      DVD's besides your own stuff have a look at:

      http://www.pctechguide.com/09cdr-rw.htm and

      http://www.pctechguide.com/10dvd.htm

      These articles have a complete history of all the different versions CD's
      and DVD's have been through, what the standards are and how they work.

      Pretty useful if you burn your own disks.

      Regards

      Geo

      George Lake
      1140 Kildonan Pl, SW
      Calgary Canada

      email: george@...
      Website: www.glake.ca

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
        Thanks George.

        --
        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
          This site is great! Thanks for sharing. I've read a fair bit now, and
          know a lot more than before. I certainly had questions about CD's
          before that have now been answered.

          Wendy

          --
          Regards,

          Gord Hulbert

        • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
            Does anyone know how to put PAF 5.2 software onto a CD so I can take it
            on the road with me to show someone else?

            Wendy Fitzpatrick
            Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
            New Ventures,
            International New Ventures Exploration
            EnCana Corporation
            Ph. 403-645-3427
            Fx. 403-290-2240

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
              Wendy,

              You can't really "install" it on a CD, but you can copy the program
              distribution files to CD and add your PAF database files.
              This is because, unlike years ago, programs now almost "integrate"
              themselves into your system when they are installed.

              Regards;
              Gary

              > Does anyone know how to put PAF 5.2 software onto a CD so I can take it
              > on the road with me to show someone else?
              >
              > Wendy Fitzpatrick
              > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
              > New Ventures,
              > International New Ventures Exploration
              > EnCana Corporation
              > Ph. 403-645-3427
              > Fx. 403-290-2240

            • Gordon Lane
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 22, 2005
                If you want to show the info you can use Genviewer on a cd

                Regards

                Gordon Lane
                Chairman
                Alberta Family Histories Society