1906 Census

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2005
      It appears that the Canadian Genealogical Center has been doing some reorganization

      then click on sources by topic

      then census

      Scroll down the page to Resources on Line and voila

      which is the AFHS main transcription page.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • Peter and Yvonne Adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005
        Hi,

        Where would I go to find a transcript of the 1906 Census for Lacombe, Ab.

        Thanks

        *****************************
        Peter Adams
        Calgary, Ab
      • Judith
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2005

          See http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/alberta/21/ and scroll down to subdistrict #43 for the town.  There are links to the census image pages on the Library & Archives Canada website as well as a link to our transcribed version of those pages.

          If you use our search tool found on the AFHS homepage for the transcription work < http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/index.html> and do a search on Lacombe – you’ll find lots of hits – for the above page as well as anyone elsewhere in the prairies at that time who indicated they used Lacombe as their post office (or had Lacombe as their name).

          Judith Rempel

          rempel@...

          and

          1906@...

          1906 Census of Canada Transcription Project

          Alberta Family Histories Society

          www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/