WWII Soldier

  • Ulrich Haasdyk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2005
      Please note that your reply will now only go to the original sender

      I received a request from a stranger in Holland, through the AFHS, about a Canadian soldier who lodged with a Dutch family in 1945.  He sent a photo of himself in uniform plus an address in Calgary he was staying at in late 1945 to those folks.  No further contact was made.

      How could I go about finding if this man (Kenneth Boyd) is still living?  Are there military records available about veterans of WWII?  I tried the Canadian Gov't site and found info on WWI etc. but not much on WWII.

      Any help?

      Ulrich and Liya Haasdyk
      37 Tuscany Valley Park N.W.
      Calgary AB
      Canada T3L 2B6
      http://www.afhs.ab.cahttp://www.family-roots.ca
    • Ulrich Haasdyk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
        Please note that your reply will now only go to the original sender

        Thanks to the multitude of suggestions I received about my search for Ken Boyd, the WWII soldier.  I have made contact with him, but not as a result of help from military or veterans.  We have agreed to get together for coffee and share the photo and some pictures that he has as well.  At that point I hope to get him in touch with the folks in Holland who initiated this search.

        As for what helped me, I will give more detail in this forum after I meet with him.

        Thanks again for all the help.

        Ulrich