RE: A SCANNING QUESTION

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2005
      the original sender

      Hi Ann,

      In your scanning software under settings, look for the "resolution" or
      "image quality". It may be set to the lowest available but as far as I know
      most scanners in the last several years have at least 360 dpi as the lowest.
      However, you should be able to change the settings to a higher one if
      needed. Then if you have image editing software, you can usually have
      another chance to crop and then save the remaining image at a higher
      resolution.

      When you look at the image after scanning can you read it? Maybe it is just
      too small. If so, perhaps you can change the image size in either or both
      your scanning software settings or your image editing software.

      a bientot,

      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      Is your New Year's resolution to scrapbook more? Watch for workshops in
      2005!