RE: A SCANNING QUESTION

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6 10:18 AM
      the original sender

      The dpi affects the print quality, for instance a commercial printer
      requires all photos scanned at 300 dpi which equates to 150 lines per inch
      which is magazine quality printing.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 5:22 PM
        the original sender

        Hi Ann,

        In your scanning software under settings, look for the "resolution" or
        "image quality". It may be set to the lowest available but as far as I know
        most scanners in the last several years have at least 360 dpi as the lowest.
        However, you should be able to change the settings to a higher one if
        needed. Then if you have image editing software, you can usually have
        another chance to crop and then save the remaining image at a higher
        resolution.

        When you look at the image after scanning can you read it? Maybe it is just
        too small. If so, perhaps you can change the image size in either or both
        your scanning software settings or your image editing software.

        a bientot,

        http://www.knowmap.com/age/
        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
        Is your New Year's resolution to scrapbook more? Watch for workshops in
        2005!