AGS Conference and 1901 Census Index

  • Ian Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005
      the original sender

      Two items I think all AFHS members might wish to check out:

      The Alberta Genealogical Society Conference on April 23 and 24, 2005.
      Find the details at:

      http://abgensoc.ca/Conf2005Brochure.pdf

      Also the latest version of the AGS - Edmonton Branch - 1901 Canada
      Census index for those parts of The Territories which became the
      provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan in 1905. Now fully searchable at:

      http://www.agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca/1901census/

      Unfortunately the AFHS web site has not been updated to reflect the FREE
      availability of this resource which represents many years of volunteer
      work. Neither does it emphasize the idea that it is an unnecessary
      effort to duplicate this work (an original objective of the Canadian
      Genealogical Projects Registry was to avoid duplication).

      Ian Holmes