Celtic SIG

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 80 , Feb 20, 2005
      the original sender

      The next meeting of the Celtic SIG is Wed. Feb. 23 at 7 PM at the AFHS
      library om 16th Ave. NW. The official topic is "The Calgary Family
      History Centre and the Family History Library in Salt Lake City: What's
      There and How to Use It". This will be a relatively (for us) informal
      discussion about the more valuable Irish and Scottish material on hand
      at the CFHC, what can be ordered in and, most likely, tales from those
      who have made the pilgrimage to Salt Lake City. Personally, I have made
      the trip once and arrived on the last day of the 2002 Winter Olympics.
      I was in the air during THE game. The extra security at the airport was
      a slice of life. The decorations and festivities on the streets and the
      Temple grounds were very nice. When locals heard I was from Calgary,
      they all wanted my opinion (re-assurance) on how their Olympics measured
      up. My focus on that trip was my Irish research.

      Lois Sparling

    • Lois Sparling
      Message 80 of 80 , Jan 22, 2012
        The next meeting of the Celtic SIG will be on Saturday Jan 28 at 10:00
        AM at the AFHS library. We will be discussing best approaches to
        Scottish family history research.

        Lois