GROWING OUR AFHS in CENTENNIAL YEAR

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2005
      the original sender

      Hi Folks:

      As many are aware our principal objective for 2005 is to grow our
      Society membership by at least 15%.
      As a result of support from many of our members we are receiving calls
      from service clubs, libraries, churches and other organizations in the
      Calgary area asking for a speaker to address them briefly on the virtues
      of family history.

      The most unusual one to date was received a few days ago. Perhaps there
      is a retired school teacher or other genealogy enthusiast who would like
      to accept this invitation.

      The kindergarten teacher at Ecole Banff Trail School at 3232 Cochrane Rd
      NW would like to have someone address her students on the subject of
      family history. The students are now (in February) studying 'family
      life'. The talk would only take 5 to 10 minutes, for obvious reasons.
      The best times would be a morning (8:30 to 9) or afternoon (12:30 to 1).
      While it is a French immersion school we are expected to address them in
      English.

      If someone would enjoy this experience please call me at 254-2293 as
      soon as you can.

      Cheers

      BILL
      --