computer protection

  • AFHS Computer Sig Tips
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2005
      the original sender

      This topic was discussed at the Computer Sig today. It really belongs
      on the Compsigtips list, but as some people on dist gen may be
      interested, I am posting this first message there as well. You can join
      compsigtips by going to
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/society/sigs/compsigtips.html and following the
      directions there.

      Please join this thread and post your suggestions and/or questions ONLY
      to Compsigtips.

      Ad Aware by Lavasoft: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
      Ad-Aware is designed to provide advanced protection from known
      Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected
      traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking
      components. With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft
      takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.

      Free virus scan: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

      How to clean a virus infected computer:
      http://www.ehow.com/how_113706_clean-virus-infected.html

      E-how (above) has lots of fairly easy to read articles on various
      computer topics.

      Mary Arthur
      Director (Computer Sig)

    • AFHS Computer Sig Tips

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
          One other check you might consider to see how secure your computer is to
          hackers is to go to Shield Up at:\
          https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

          Marcel Savoie
          marcel.j.savoie@...