Re: BYU Molecular Genealogy Study

  • Carol Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      Gordon,
      I did mention that the 4 generation requirement applied to only those born
      in the United States. That is what the letter from the Molecular Research
      Group stated. However, since that time Sandy Heninger has been in contact
      with the Research Group and she was told that they did require 4 complete
      generations for the United States and Canada since both countries have
      similar immigration patterns. They are updating their literature to include
      Canada. For those born in countries other than these two, they will accept
      less than the 4 generations (example: from Asia, South America, Eastern
      Europe, etc.) No one is limited to four generations. They do encourage
      more if you have them. They would like the information on a floppy in
      gedcom format if there are more than 4 generations. If you are submitting 4
      generations only, a pedigree chart (printed or hand written) is sufficient.

      Carol Lee