Re: BYU Molecular Genealogy Study

  • Phyllis Ziajka
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      Gordon, perhaps I'm wrong, but what you've just said could be misleading.  I participated in this study in Lethbridge in May of this year, and at that time we DID have to submit the 4 generation chart.  Perhaps someone who really knows the answer should put a posting to the list!
      Cheers,
      Phyllis

      Gordon Lane wrote:
      I believe that the 4 generation pedegree chart does not apply to Canada,
      I seem to remember it being mentioned at the last committee meeting.

      I think Carol Lee mentioned it.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Family Roots 2002: http://www.family-roots.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
        Gordon,
        I did mention that the 4 generation requirement applied to only those born
        in the United States. That is what the letter from the Molecular Research
        Group stated. However, since that time Sandy Heninger has been in contact
        with the Research Group and she was told that they did require 4 complete
        generations for the United States and Canada since both countries have
        similar immigration patterns. They are updating their literature to include
        Canada. For those born in countries other than these two, they will accept
        less than the 4 generations (example: from Asia, South America, Eastern
        Europe, etc.) No one is limited to four generations. They do encourage
        more if you have them. They would like the information on a floppy in
        gedcom format if there are more than 4 generations. If you are submitting 4
        generations only, a pedigree chart (printed or hand written) is sufficient.

        Carol Lee