RE: BYU Molecular Genealogy Study

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      I believe that the 4 generation pedegree chart does not apply to Canada,
      I seem to remember it being mentioned at the last committee meeting.

      I think Carol Lee mentioned it.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Family Roots 2002: http://www.family-roots.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

    • Phyllis Ziajka

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
          Gordon,
          I did mention that the 4 generation requirement applied to only those born
          in the United States. That is what the letter from the Molecular Research
          Group stated. However, since that time Sandy Heninger has been in contact
          with the Research Group and she was told that they did require 4 complete
          generations for the United States and Canada since both countries have
          similar immigration patterns. They are updating their literature to include
          Canada. For those born in countries other than these two, they will accept
          less than the 4 generations (example: from Asia, South America, Eastern
          Europe, etc.) No one is limited to four generations. They do encourage
          more if you have them. They would like the information on a floppy in
          gedcom format if there are more than 4 generations. If you are submitting 4
          generations only, a pedigree chart (printed or hand written) is sufficient.

          Carol Lee