Isteed Family - Wainwright 1913-1919

  • dmollin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2005
      the list Address

      Hi, You have all been such a help in tracing my family!! I've now reached a
      block. We are so fortunate to have death, marriage and birth records
      available in B.C.
      Carl E. Isteed homesteaded in Alberta. We have information through you and the
      family about Carl and his family who moved from Marmora, Ontario to Alberta.
      Carl took title in 1917. According to family information, my mother Thelma
      Isteed was born in Wainwright March 21, 1914. There are no papers to prove
      this. My grandmother Myrtle and Carl Isteed divorced and she remarried. My
      mother and siblings took on (they were not legally adopted) her new married
      name of Adam. We cannot find any marriage record or divorce record for Myrtle
      and Carl. My mother died in 1955 and my grandmother in 1972. We just found a
      death record for Carl Isteed, in Portland Oregon - 1951. Carl's sister Nellie
      Isteed married Walter Huntingford publisher of the Wainwright Star. His son
      came to visit us a couple of years ago. If I knew this was an approximate
      date of my mother's birth, we could send for the records, however, is there
      any way to verify this information before sending for the record?
      Thanks everyone!
      Donna

    • Robert Boynton
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2005
        the original sender

        Donna

        Sorry about the late reply.

        Did you try the Alberta legislative Library as they should have the
        newsapaper the Wainwright Star.

        Do you know what church they went to or what religion they practiced, as
        perhaps the birth is registered in church records.

        RB