BROPHY in Taber, Alberta

  • The Gauthiers
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005
      Has anyone any ideas of where to look for information on
      Mary Agnes (Inez) BROPHY. She was born in the vicinity
      of Taber, Alberta, about 1910? I know she died in Ontario.
      She is not on the IGI and similar databases.

      Any leads would be appreciated.

      Regards;
      Gary
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005
        Hi there:

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        403-240-4636

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005
          Thank you, Gord.
          I tried it, but no success.

          Regards;
          Gary

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005
            the list Address

            http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/loc_hist/
            Try this web site with local histories using Brophy as a keyword (near
            bottom of screen.) Might be helpful to have a map of the Taber area to see
            if any of the books are for communities in that area.

            http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/02011102_e.html
            There are a bunch of Brophy names in Western Land Grants database

            Sec. 32, Twp. 9, R. 16, W4M - 1904-08-01
            Taber's post office location

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2005
              the list Address

              Thank you.

              The Western Land Grant database seems to have some familiar names.
              I'll have to look at the index to see how close they are to Taber.

              Regards;
              Gary
              > Try this web site with local histories using Brophy as a keyword (near
              > bottom of screen.) Might be helpful to have a map of the Taber area to see
              > if any of the books are for communities in that area.
              >
              > http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/02011102_e.html
              > There are a bunch of Brophy names in Western Land Grants database
              >
              > Sec. 32, Twp. 9, R. 16, W4M - 1904-08-01
              > Taber's post office location

            • P.
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
                Gary, I didn't get a response from my message from last week.
                Did you get it?

                I talked to several Taber area people in the last week and nobody seems
                to recall that family name at all.
                One couple that I talked to are 90 and 87 years old, him born just outside Taber
                and she was born in Taber. And neither remembers.

                The public library has several Taber area books, none has the name in their

                Groetjes from Lethbridge
                Peter

                At 09:48 AM 1/22/05, you wrote:
                Has anyone any ideas of where to look for information on
                Mary Agnes (Inez) BROPHY. She was born in the vicinity
                of Taber, Alberta, about 1910? I know she died in Ontario.
                She is not on the IGI and similar databases.

                Any leads would be appreciated.

                Regards;
                Gary

                Gary, did anybody give you any info about the name yet?

                I might have some Brophy names that might be helpful.

                From the Alberta Cemetary record index;
                Charles M. 1880-1933  Stavely 465 N6
                Howard Reginald 1914-1915  Stavely 465 N6
                Jennie May 1884-1926  Stavely 465 N6
                Joseph    ?? - ??           Burdett 170 N7
                Joseph Leo  ?? - 16 July 1976 Red Deer 566
                Lance Joseph  ?? - 17 Mar 1964 Red Deer 566
                Roy Charles  1912-1916  Stavely 465
                Veronica Ignatia  1893-1916 High River 598

                Peter,
                Docs4u Family History Research