Re: BYU Molecular Genealogy Study

  • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3 1:25 PM
      I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

      Sincerely yours,

      Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
      B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
      Chairman and President

      GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
      977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
      Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
      Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
      E-Mail: services@...
      GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
      908-34th Street S.E.
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
      Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

      On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:53:05
      rdcgrang wrote:

      >There is still time to volunteer for the BYU DNA study in conjunction with
      >the AFHS seminar. The research team will be at the LDS Chapel at 935
      >Heritage Dr. S.W. on Friday, 25 October 2002, at 7:00 p.m. A half-hour
      >presentation will precede the collection of mouthwash samples, and
      >refreshments will be available. To sign up, you may contact Rene Dussome at
      ><rdussome@...>. If you have already volunteered, please remember to mark
      >the date on your calendar.
      >
      >Participants should bring a complete 4-generation pedigree chart on paper.
      >If you wish to provide data on more than four generations, please bring a
      >disk in GEDCOM format in addition to the chart.
      >
      >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      >http://www.family-roots.ca

      Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3 9:09 PM
        I believe that the 4 generation pedegree chart does not apply to Canada,
        I seem to remember it being mentioned at the last committee meeting.

        I think Carol Lee mentioned it.

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Treasurer
        Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        Family Roots 2002: http://www.family-roots.ca
        Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

      • Phyllis Ziajka

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3 10:39 PM
            Gordon,
            I did mention that the 4 generation requirement applied to only those born
            in the United States. That is what the letter from the Molecular Research
            Group stated. However, since that time Sandy Heninger has been in contact
            with the Research Group and she was told that they did require 4 complete
            generations for the United States and Canada since both countries have
            similar immigration patterns. They are updating their literature to include
            Canada. For those born in countries other than these two, they will accept
            less than the 4 generations (example: from Asia, South America, Eastern
            Europe, etc.) No one is limited to four generations. They do encourage
            more if you have them. They would like the information on a floppy in
            gedcom format if there are more than 4 generations. If you are submitting 4
            generations only, a pedigree chart (printed or hand written) is sufficient.

            Carol Lee